Painting and Decorating - Advanced Techniques
Course Code: CP1EC72
Next available course:
|21/04/2021||Bispham Campus||10 Weeks / £390.00|
You will learn how to:
- apply a variety of different types of wall coverings and matched pattern wallpapers
- paste paper consistently without contaminating the finished paper surface.
- fold pasted paper for long drops such as hall stairs and landing.
- hang lining paper on walls & ceilings.
- hang blown vinyl on walls & ceilings.
- hang patterned paper on walls.
- pattern match to minimise waste.
- continue wall -paper patterns round internal and external corners.
- hang wallpaper in to and round obstacles such as windows and doors.
- edge cut wallpaper neatly using scissors and blades.
- apply decorative effects
- A genuine interest in the subject
- Good communication skills
- A hardworking approach
Teaching and Learning Methods
At Blackpool and The Fylde College we recognise that all students learn differently and our tutors work with you to ensure that their teaching methods support the way that you like to learn.
This course consists of 3 hours per week workshop/classroom based learning.
One key teaching and learning method is that of demonstrations. Your tutors ensure that demonstrations are used whenever possible so you can see the practical skill being used so you can then practice the skill.
Following demonstrations, you will then have hands on practical time where you will be implementing the skill learned.
Industry Placement and Field Trips
Other Costs and Equipment Needed
All staff involved in the delivery of adult education courses within the College are approved to teach the subjects and modules they deliver. The approval process ensures that staff delivering a given programme are appropriately qualified and, where appropriate, possess relevant technical and industrial experience and professional practice.
Read our tuition fees guide.