B&FC will work to the following operational principles relating to COVID-19.
- Make every reasonable effort to enable remote working and studying including additional arrangements for this to be carried out safely.
- Protect clinically extremely vulnerable individuals and clinically vulnerable individuals (as identified through NHS guidance) through enhanced social distancing measures and shielding.
- Where remote working is not possible, B&FC will make every reasonable effort to comply with the social distancing guidelines set out by the government (keeping people 2m apart wherever possible).
- Where the social distancing guidelines cannot be followed in full, in relation to a particular activity, B&FC will consider whether that activity needs to continue for the business to operate, and if so, take all the mitigating actions possible to reduce the risk of transmission between its employees.
- Ensure that individuals who have been advised to stay at home under existing government guidance do not physically come to work. This included individuals who have symptoms of Covid 19 or who are identified as living with an individual who has symptoms.
- Treat everyone in the workplace equally in applying the guidance. Ensuring that the needs of individuals or groups are given due weight and consideration.
- Prioritise safety during incidents or emergency situations including the provision of first aid and fire procedures and the provision of information on changes to normal working practices.
- Minimise unnecessary work travel and visits to or from customers.
- Ensure the provision of enhanced cleaning protocols for areas and equipment and, where necessary, provide sterilisation products for individual or group use to maintain the recommended enhanced hygiene practices.
- Provide suitable and sufficient provision for hand washing and hand sanitisation.
- Ensure that all employees, students, contractors and visitors are made aware of B&FC’s Covid 19 related safety procedures and that changes to procedures are communicated to all relevant parties.
B&FC’s Health and Safety team will monitor compliance through systematic audit.