Higher and degree apprenticeships combine work with study and include a qualification relevant to the industry.
They are available at levels 4 to 7:
- Levels 4 and 5 are equivalent to a Higher Education Certificate/Diploma or a foundation degree.
- Level 6 is equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
- Level 7 is equivalent to a Master’s degree.
Typically, higher apprentices study part-time and apprenticeships take between one and five years to complete.
Higher and degree apprenticeships are a high-quality alternative to the traditional degree route, combining skilled on-the-job training with higher level study.
What’s great about them?
- Achieve a higher-level qualification
- Gain valuable industry experience
- Fast-track to your dream career
- Earn a full-time wage
- No tuition fees to pay
How do they work?
You will spend most of your time in the workplace, developing higher level technical and professional skills.
The great thing is you can still access the same great B&FC facilities, services and activities as other higher education students.
Please note, if you’re not already in full-time employment you will need to find a suitable position.