100 apprenticeships in 100 days challenge launched by B&FC
Published on 30/01/2020 by DTHACK
B&FC is helping businesses in Blackpool and beyond to grow with easy access to apprenticeship training.
The College's 100 apprenticeships in 100 days challenge has been launched to grow awareness of the many ways apprentices can create sustainable success for employers.
How apprenticeships can help your business
Many businesses overlook the immense value of apprenticeships. And that apprenticeships are available at all levels and for people of all ages.
Apprenticeships are ideal for organisations that are:
- Planning for the future by addressing skills gaps
- Adapting to new marketing conditions.
- Seeking staff who will stay for the long-term.
Fast facts about apprenticeships
- £28 return for every £1 invested
- 86% of employers say apprentices help develop relevant skills for their business.
- The average length of time an apprentice stays with manufacturing company Siemens is 26 years.
- 73% of employers say morale is improved having apprentices around.
Getting started with apprenticeships
- If you've never before hired an apprentice, you might want to offer a traineeship - a 'pre-apprenticeship' designed to help keen young people into employment. Traineeships can be tailored to your business’ needs – from health and adult care to hospitality.
- Intermediate and advanced apprenticeships provide the apprentice with a Level 2 or 3 qualification. Some of our most popular apprenticeships include Customer Service Practitioner and Automotive and Motorsport courses.
- Higher and degree apprenticeships are offered at levels 4, 5 and 6 and often include industry body membership or accreditation. Higher and degree apprenticeships are a great way to upskill your employees in readiness for them taking on senior challenges. One of our most popular level 6 apprenticeship is the Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship (CMDA) which in addition to Foundation and BA (Hons) degrees awarded by Lancaster University, includes a CMI Level 5 Leadership and Management qualification.
Finding out more about apprenticeships
B&FC is bringing together employers and prospective apprentices at a Get Matched event on February 5 at its Bispham Campus - from 4.30pm to 7pm.
The College is also hosting industry sector-specific events throughout National Apprenticeship Week.
- B&FC Apprenticeships Facebook Page - where you'll get the latest news on 100 apprenticeships in 100 days - and find out more about events hosted by B&FC throughout National Apprenticeship Week
- Apprenticeship programmes offered by B&FC
- To find out how apprenticeships have strengthened Blackpool Transport for the future, read our case study
- Employer's guide to apprenticeships
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a chat about how apprentices can make a huge difference to your business.