Engineering - Level 3 90 Credit Diploma (Edexcel)
Qualification Obtained: 90-credit Diploma in Engineering (QCF)
With this course, you will be gaining the skills and experience needed by industry and for higher level study, as well as Building the foundations for a successful career.
- An industry recognised course giving you the skills and knowledge to succeed in this highly rewarding industry
- High standards of teaching by expert tutors with lots of industry experience to draw from
- Progress direct to employment within the industry in just one year, or to one of our university qualifications, taught here at our Bispham Campus
- No exams and the opportunity to improve your Math's and English ability, if needed, to the level required by industry
- Strong relationships with local and national employers give learning an industry focus, which increases your employability
- It’s likely you won’t have to pay course fees, if you’re 19 + you could be eligible for an advanced learning loan Adult Learning Loan, repayable only once you’re earning £21,000+ a year*
Course Entry Requirements
Applicants need to be at least 19 with 4 or 5 GCSEs (minimum grade C, negotiable) in Math's and Science or a technology-based subject. There is no upper age limit.
Career Options and Progression
Once you successfully complete the course you could choose to develop your skills further by continuing your studies to degree level here at B&FC.
Choose from our Higher National Certificates/Diplomas in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, General Engineering and Mechanical Engineering; see our website for details. Another option would be to start work in industry by applying for vacancies with local and national organisations such as BAE Systems, Westinghouse Springfield’s, EDF Energy and SPS Europe Ltd.
Modules and Assessment
The BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma in Engineering is a broad-based course that develops your knowledge of engineering principles, gives you hands-on industry skills and improves your employability and transferable skills.
Subjects that may be covered on the course include: Electrical and Electronic Principles; Mechanical Principles and Applications; Mathematics; Computer-Aided Drafting; Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems; CAD; Programmable Logic Controllers.
There are no exams on this course. Everyone is assessed on a continuous basis through assignments and individual/group practical work.
Teaching and Learning Methods
A team of 25 expert staff
Our tutors are friendly, supportive and highly qualified with lots of industry experience gained at companies like BAE Systems, John Huddleston Engineering, Aerolux Engineering, and Cavitech
Solutions, Kilgour Industries and the RAF > Professional input Strong employer relationships and membership of organisations like the Institute of Engineering Technology ensure our curriculum is relevant and up to date with industry requirements
- A great learning environment, Our Bispham Campus has recently undergone major refurbishment to create an attractive, modern and comfortable learning environment with a friendly, welcoming atmosphere
- Amazing industry-standard resources Access all the latest technology and equipment, including CAD, CAM, CNC, robotics, electronics, mechanical, fabrication and welding
Our programmes are not just geared to developing your subject knowledge; they are designed to equip you with the skills needed for the workplace and higher level study
Progression to a top university Successful students can progress to a range of university programmes, right here at the College and awarded by Lancaster University – ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world.*
All staff involved in the delivery of adult education courses within the College are approved to teach the subjects and modules they deliver. The approval process ensures that staff delivering a given programme are appropriately qualified and, where appropriate, possess relevant vocational and industrial experience and professional practice.
Read our tuition fees guide.
If you’re aged 19-23, there’s a good chance you won’t have to pay your course fees – find out for sure on our Website: W blackpool.ac.uk/support/funding
If you’re over 19 you could be eligible for a learning support loan, which you only need to repay once you’re earning £ 21,000+ a year get more details at: W blackpool.ac.uk/support/funding/ 24 plus
You’ll also be eligible for a FREE healthy breakfast, and possibly help towards the costs of childcare and travel too.
All resources such as Smock coat/Overalls and safety boots are supplied by blackpool and Fylde college. You will need to purchase a CASIO Scientific calculator for use in your maths and sciences.
Terms and Conditions
Read our full terms and conditions for more information.
School Leaver Courses
Help and Support
Community Learning Courses
Help and Support
Higher Education Courses
Help and Support
Higher and Degree Apprenticeships
Maritime & Nautical Courses
- For Business
About the College
Help and Support
Jobs at B&FC